Thomas DiBenedetto – SS
Thomas DiBenedetto played at Trinity College (Hartford, CT) where he received a bachelor’s degree in Economics and stared a shortstop. As a senior DiBenedetto hit .342 to lead Trinity College to a D3 National Championship and the best winning percentage in NCAA history. He was then drafted by the Red Sox and spent two years in their farm system.
With his experience, and ability to play any infield position as well as the outfield, Thomas would be a nice addition to any club. He is also in the process of becoming a dual citizen in Italy. Some highlights from his career are below:
- Drafted by the Boston Redsox in the 37th round of the MLB draft.(2008).
- NCAA D3 National Champions(Trinity College), best winning percentage in NCAA History (45-1).(2008).
- 1st team all New England Shortstop, 1st team all NESCAC Shortstop.(2007).
- 2nd team all NESCAC Shortstop.( 2006).
- Did not commit and error with the North Adams Steeplecats in the NECBL (2006)
- Louisville Slugger Pre-season High School All American.( 2004).
- High School 1st team All State(Florida) Shortstop.( 2003).
- High School Soccer State Champions( 2004).
- Soccer State Series MVP( 2004).
- 2nd team All State Florida High School Soccer( 2004).
Hometown: Fort Myers, Florida
Height/Weight: 6’1″/192 lbs
College Statistics: Trinity College (click on stats to see more)
2008 – Gulf Coast League Red Sox – .259 avg / .447 ob% / .333 slg
2008 – Greenville Drive (South Atlantic League) — .256 avg / .360 ob%
*2008 season — .955 Fielding Percentage between 3B and 2B. (5 errors in 111 chances)
2009 – Lowell Spinners (New York-Penn League) — .286 avg / .362 ob%
2009 – Greenville Drive (South Atlantic League) — .308 avg / .333 ob% / .462 slg
*2009 season- .981 Fielding Percentage between 3B and 2B. (1 error in 52 chances).